Welcome to my world.Here's my confession...I am a foodaholic.I love good food.I am game for any cusine & am passionate about Indian cooking.Honestly I am not a polished home-maker.I haven't learnt the ropes of the trade the traditional way which is from my mom.I am not very fussy when it comes to food. I would relish & eat simple meal with great delight.Best way to unwind for me is with my family at home, listening to some wonderful music,good food,lots of laughter and possibily some good wine =) Join me as I share with you some wonderful recipes that I have cooked over the years for my family which I usually serve with a large dollop of love ♥.

Sunday 19 February 2012

Chutney powder/ Idlli powder

Like me; both my kids are fond of having idlli powder as an acompaniment for Idlli & Dosa.It is relatively simple to make & could be customised for individual preference.Also it comes handy while travelling or on a busy morning or like us when you just like to dip in the iddli's into them and savour it.

Ingredients:
Black Urad Dhal:1/2 kg
Red dry chillies:10
Black Whole pepper:2tbsp
Rock Sea salt: to taste
Curry leaves: handfull
Asafoetida:1tsp

Heat a large wok.Dry fry individual ingredients and keep aside to cool.I add Asafoetida to the urad after I am done frying it.This is to ensure it doesnot get burnt.After all the ingredients cools off Grind them into a fine powder.I grind the ingredients seperately & then mix them up.This provides me the freedom to adjust the hotness(chilly powder/pepper powder) & ofcourse salt.
Transfer the mixed powder into a dry container.

For serving:
Take the required amount of the powder & mix it with oil (Gingely / any cooking oil).Serve it with hot idlli's or Dosa's.
Happy cooking !

Cheers,
Photobucket 

1 comment:

JishasKitchen said...

my fav chutney powder...love to have it with some hot idli..:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...