Welcome to my world.Here's my confession...I am a foodaholic.I love good food.I am game for any cusine & am passionate about Indian cooking.Honestly I am not a polished home-maker.I haven't learnt the ropes of the trade the traditional way which is from my mom.I am not very fussy when it comes to food. I would relish & eat simple meal with great delight.Best way to unwind for me is with my family at home, listening to some wonderful music,good food,lots of laughter and possibily some good wine =) Join me as I share with you some wonderful recipes that I have cooked over the years for my family which I usually serve with a large dollop of love ♥.

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Pasta with coconut milk

This is super easy,super delicious & a must try esply. if your kids or family is fond of pasta.You can pull it off all in15 mins.Now is it not just wonderful? Now that I have your attention,lets move on to the recipe =)

Ingredients:

  1. Pasta : 3 cups/ 250 gms (cooked)
  2. Garlic flakes : 2 (finely chopped)
  3. Unsalted Butter : 1 tsp
  4. Carrot : 2 tbsp (finely diced)
  5. Beens : 2 tbsp (fine juliennes)
  6. Cheese : 4 slices (I ran out of the cubes ;p)
  7. Fresh Cilantro : 1 tsp (finely chopped)
  8. Oregano : 1 tsp
  9. Red dry chilli flakes : 1/4 tsp
  10. Pepper : 1/4 tsp (coarsely ground)
  11. Coconut milk : 1 cup
  12. Salt : to taste

Method:

Melt the butter in a saucepan.Add chopped garlic,saute till the raw smell fades away.Add the cheese & coconut milk to it and stir cotinuously till the cheese melts & blends in.Now add the carrots & beens (I boil it along with the pasta to save time).Add the cooked pasta.Season it with oregano,salt,chilly flakes.Add a dash of fresh cilantro.Pasta is ready.This tastes best when served hot.



So it is as simple as this.try it I am sure you & ofcourse your kids will love it !

NB: You could add any choice of vegetables you like.I usually add button mushrooms,brocolli,spinach & even sweet corn.I was in a hurry to pick my daughter from her school so had to do away with the hunting ;)

Do let me know how well your family enjoyed it.

Happy cooking !

Cheers,
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...