Welcome to my world.Here's my confession...I am a foodaholic.I love good food.I am game for any cusine & am passionate about Indian cooking.Honestly I am not a polished home-maker.I haven't learnt the ropes of the trade the traditional way which is from my mom.I am not very fussy when it comes to food. I would relish & eat simple meal with great delight.Best way to unwind for me is with my family at home, listening to some wonderful music,good food,lots of laughter and possibily some good wine =) Join me as I share with you some wonderful recipes that I have cooked over the years for my family which I usually serve with a large dollop of love ♥.

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Back from a wonderful weekend getaway @ Pondicherry.The hotel we stayed at "Mango Hill" is unique in its own way.It is an environment friendly building from decor to cutleries,very french...very rustic.Enjoyed this short-quick break from the routine.

Today I am game for posting few recipes(all refreshe from the retreat ) I made this last night.Everyone liked it esply the kids.I find it complementing when my kids leave their plates licked clean  ;)

Delightfully Delicious macaroni
Ingredients:
Macaroni-3/4  packet
Onion-3 large
Tomato-3 large
Ginger-1 inch
Garlic-8 flakes
Spinach- 5-6 leaves
Green chilly-1 long one
Soya sauce-2 tbsp
Tomato sauce/ketchup-2 tbsp
Mixed Itallian seasoning-1tsp/to your taste
Pepper powder-1 tsp
Red chilly powder-1 tsp
Sausages-5 large ones(I used chicken sausage,you could use sausage of  your preference)
Salt- to taste
Oil-3 tbsp
Butter- 25 gms
Cheese- 1/2 cup shredded
Fresh corriander leaves- for garnish

Method:
Cook the macaroni till al dente.Boil/thaw the sausages for 5 mins.Cut the sausages into bite-size pieces.Grind onion & green chilly,keep aside.Then grind ginger-garlic into smooth paste.Grind the tomatoes into smooth puree,keep aside.In a wok/skillet add oil & saute the ground onion-chilly paste.Add ginger-garlic paste.Cook till the raw smell fades away.Next add the tomato puree & salt.Also add hilly  powder and pepper powder.Cook till oil  starts seperating on the sides.To this add soya sauce & tomato sauce.Let it cook for 5 mins.Add the cut sausages & spinach and cook for 2-3 mins.Add the macaroni to it.Add the butter & blend everything in.Now season it with the itallian herbs.Top it with shredded cheese.Garnish with fresh corriander/cilantro leaves.Serve hot.


This is not a spicy meal so kids with relish eating it. Mine did =).

Cheers,
Deepa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...