Welcome to my world.Here's my confession...I am a foodaholic.I love good food.I am game for any cusine & am passionate about Indian cooking.Honestly I am not a polished home-maker.I haven't learnt the ropes of the trade the traditional way which is from my mom.I am not very fussy when it comes to food. I would relish & eat simple meal with great delight.Best way to unwind for me is with my family at home, listening to some wonderful music,good food,lots of laughter and possibily some good wine =) Join me as I share with you some wonderful recipes that I have cooked over the years for my family which I usually serve with a large dollop of love ♥.

Saturday 26 November 2011

Keshera !

Its been few months since I made any desert.So today;I thought I would make some kesari.Kesari is a simple yet delicious sweet made in few parts of south India.It is not only easy to put together but also quick one.But guess what I goofed it up a wee bit (I added 2 cups of sugar instead of one :/).Not to worry...not all was lost.I didnot want to dump it all out after all my kids were so wanting to have the kesari.So I tweeked the recipe and guess what? the result was a refreshingly different sweet dish,which every one relished.I couldn't be more happy & thrilled.Since it was neither Kesari nor Sheera I decided to call it "Keshera" :).So here's introducing an old delight in a new packaging =D,do try it & let me know how you liked it.

Keshera:

Ingredients:
Semolina(Rava/Sooji) - 1 cup
Clarified butter / Ghee - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Cashews - 10-12
Liquid Food colour - 5 drops (I used pink/rose flower)
Hot water - 1 &1/2 cups
Boiled milk - 1 &1/2 cups
Crushed Cardamom / Elakka powder - 1/2 tsp

Method:
Heat 3 tbsp of ghee in a shallow pan.Add rava and fry till the raw smell of the rava fades.Add sugar & fry on low heat.At no point should  the rava over fry/ turn brown.So keep a watch over the flame.Mean while boil water in a pan.Add the hot water and milk to the pan with rava.Mix well ensure that the consistency is smooth & that there are no lumps.Add the liquid food colour and the rest of ghee and mix well.In another pan fry the cashew nuts in the remaining ghee.Fry till they turn light golden brown.When all of the water in the rava evaprates & the mix starts becoming thick, add the fried cashews and the cardamom powder.Pour the rest of the ghee on top and stir once.Remove from fire and transfer into a seving bowl.Drizzle a little ghee & serve hot.




Go on,pamper that sweet tooth of yours :)

Bon appetite !

Cheers,
Deepa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...