Welcome to my world.Here's my confession...I am a foodaholic.I love good food.I am game for any cusine & am passionate about Indian cooking.Honestly I am not a polished home-maker.I haven't learnt the ropes of the trade the traditional way which is from my mom.I am not very fussy when it comes to food. I would relish & eat simple meal with great delight.Best way to unwind for me is with my family at home, listening to some wonderful music,good food,lots of laughter and possibily some good wine =) Join me as I share with you some wonderful recipes that I have cooked over the years for my family which I usually serve with a large dollop of love ♥.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

If like me you have fussy eater kids this recipe that I am about to share is sure to make your life much easier :)

Fried rice with an Indianised twist!

Ingredents:

Rice: 2 cups;cooked & let to cool
Spring Onion: 3-4 sprigs;cleaned & chopped finely(the leaves & bulb included)
Mushrooms: 3-4 chopped finely
Coloured capsicums: 1/2 cup-chopped
Beans:1/4 cup chopped
Carrot:1/4 cup chopped
Green peas:1/4 cup boiled
Green chillies:2;deseeded & chopped finely
Tomato:1/2 cup-chopped
Ginger:1/2";crushed
Garlic:2-3 flakes;crushed
Soya sauce: 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder: 1/2 tsp
Tumerc powder: 1/2 tsp
Butter/Oil: 1-1 1/2 tbsp
Salt: to taste

Method:

In a wok(kadai) add oil/butter.Add the chopped spring onion & crushed ginger-garlic.Fry till the raw smell disappears.Add the chopped tomato & green chillies and fry a while (3-5 minutes).Then add the vegetables(beans,capsicum,mushroom,carrot,peas)Now add tumeric powder,garam masala powder & soya sauce.Blend well.Cook till the vegetables are done(but donot over cook !)Add salt.To this add the cooked rice.Blend everything in.Add a dab of butter on top.Serve hot (here I have served it with fried hard boiled eggs;recipe on another post)


Try it out & watch your kids savour it up :)

Happy cooking !

Cheers,
Deepa


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...