Welcome to my world.Here's my confession...I am a foodaholic.I love good food.I am game for any cusine & am passionate about Indian cooking.Honestly I am not a polished home-maker.I haven't learnt the ropes of the trade the traditional way which is from my mom.I am not very fussy when it comes to food. I would relish & eat simple meal with great delight.Best way to unwind for me is with my family at home, listening to some wonderful music,good food,lots of laughter and possibily some good wine =) Join me as I share with you some wonderful recipes that I have cooked over the years for my family which I usually serve with a large dollop of love ♥.

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Salad

Vegetable /Green salads are a must at our home.No meal esply. dinners are ever complete without a
salad.Ofcourse we do have a favourite veggy that we dig into, in the salad bowl.Cucumbers are a common favourite :) There are the not so welcome veggys (like tomato for one-I find it very difficult to eat raw tomatoes) that finds home in the salad spread.Here I share with you one of the salad recipe.

Fresh Green Salad with Itallian seasoning:

Ingredients:
Cucumber- 1{chop into bite-size}
Carrot-1{chop into bite-size}
Tomato-1{chop into bite-size}
Capsicum- 1/4th of a capsicum (I had only the green ones on hand,you could use coloured ones too)
Salt-to taste
Olive oil-1tbsp
Itallian mixed herbs - 1tsp

Method:
In a large bowl add all the vegetables.In a small bowl,mix olive oil,salt & seasoning.Pour  this over the  vegetables & mix well.This is a nice variation to plain green  salad.The olive oil adds to a distinc flavour & taste.




Happy dinning all !

Cheers,
Deepa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...