Welcome to my world.Here's my confession...I am a foodaholic.I love good food.I am game for any cusine & am passionate about Indian cooking.Honestly I am not a polished home-maker.I haven't learnt the ropes of the trade the traditional way which is from my mom.I am not very fussy when it comes to food. I would relish & eat simple meal with great delight.Best way to unwind for me is with my family at home, listening to some wonderful music,good food,lots of laughter and possibily some good wine =) Join me as I share with you some wonderful recipes that I have cooked over the years for my family which I usually serve with a large dollop of love ♥.

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Pasta

Pasta fantasy

Ingredients:
Pasta (any brand,I use Colavita):2 cups
Onion: 3 large,diced & pureed
Tomato: 3 large,diced & pureed
Ginger:1 inch,chopped & pureed
Garlic:8-10 flakes,chopped & pureed
Oil: 3-4 tbsp
Tumeric powder:1 tsp
Pepper powder: 1 tsp
Aachi Chicken masala:1 tbsp
Soya sauce: 1 tbsp
Itallian seasoning: 1 tbsp
Cheese: 1/2 cup(shredded/cubbed)
Salt: to taste

Method:
Boil the pasta as per the instruction on the package with a little salt.Strain & set it aside.
In a skillet add oil.To this add the onion & ginger-garlic paste.Add a little salt(this will speed up the cookingcprocess).Saute till the raw smell fades.Now add tumeric powder,pepper powder,chicken masala,salt & soya sauce.Let the masala/the ingredients cook for 2-3 minutes.Add the tomato puree,cook till oil starts separating from the sides(an indicator that the ingredients have cooked).To this add the cooked pasta.Mix in well.Season it  with mixed Itallian herbs.Sprinkle the cheese.Cook for 2-3 minutes.Garnish  with fresh cilantro leaves.


My kids relish & savour this pasta meal with great fervour.
Do try it and share your experience :)

Happy cooking !

Cheers,
Deepa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...