Welcome to my world.Here's my confession...I am a foodaholic.I love good food.I am game for any cusine & am passionate about Indian cooking.Honestly I am not a polished home-maker.I haven't learnt the ropes of the trade the traditional way which is from my mom.I am not very fussy when it comes to food. I would relish & eat simple meal with great delight.Best way to unwind for me is with my family at home, listening to some wonderful music,good food,lots of laughter and possibily some good wine =) Join me as I share with you some wonderful recipes that I have cooked over the years for my family which I usually serve with a large dollop of love ♥.

Monday 7 November 2011

Spaghetti in white cheesy sauce

Hi all, hope you had a lovely weekend.I did.It was my son's 2nd birthday last Saturday.We had a small party with family and friends for our lil' guy.My son throughly enjoyed his party.It was such a pleasure watching him enjoy himself :).
Today I am going to share a recipe which is an all time favourite with my kids.

Spaghetti in white cheesy sauce!

Ingredients:
Spaghetti:1 packet (cook as per the instructions given on the packet/carton)
All purpose flour /maida:2 tbsp
Cheese :shredded 1 cup
Florets of broccoli:1/2 cup
Sliced mushrooms:1/2 cup
Garlic: 4 flakes (finely chopped)
Onion:1/2 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
Butter:1 tbsp
Boiled milk: 2 cups
Salt: to taste
Black pepper :1 tsp (crushed freshly)
Oregano, basil:1 tsp


Method:
Boil about 2 cups of water add broccoli and mushroom and a little salt.Cook for 3-5 minutes(ensure it does not over cook and become soggy).Strain the excess water and keep it aside.
Cook the spaghetti as per the instructions on the packet/carton and keep it aside.
For preparing white sauce heat butter in a pan add garlic and onion and saute till onion turns translucent.
Add the all purpose flour  and saute for about a minute(be on your guard not to let it burn).Now add milk and stir till  it blends into a smooth consistency.Also make sure to avoid any lump formation.When it starts thickening add salt,oregano,basil,pepper.Now add the boiled vegetables and the cooked spaghetti.Top it up with the shredded cheese.Mix  and blend all the  ingredients together.Garnish with a sprig of fresh cilantro/coriander.Serve hot.



This is such a lovely variation to its spicy counter-part (recipe later :))

Do let me know how it turned out for you.


Have an awesome day !


Cheers,
Deepa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...